Financial Aid: Suggested Financial Aid Timetable

Last Updated

October 1 - April 15

Complete the FAFSA as soon as possible after October 1st for the next academic year. We recommended students apply by April 15th for the next academic year. Although you may still apply for financial aid after April 15th, the aid for which you will be considered may be more limited.

If you need assistance with the FAFSA, detailed instructions are available online, or you may call the Federal Student Aid Information Center at 1-800-433-3243 (use 1-800-647-8733 if hearing impaired). Blugold Central is also a resource for many of the questions you may have.

You will receive a Student Aid Report (SAR) from the Federal Processor after the FAFSA is filed. Review the SAR for accuracy and make any necessary corrections directly online.

You may receive requests for additional information from Blugold Central. To prevent delays in the awarding of your financial aid, provide any additional information requested as soon as possible. If you have any questions about what is being asked for or how to provide it, contact Blugold Central for assistance.

We will be making financial aid awards available to incoming students with completed applications as early as February. You will be notified via email that an award is available to be viewed in CampS. You can then go into your account in CampS to accept or decline any loans that are offered.

May - July

Additional incoming students will be awarded financial aid as their files become complete.

Continuing students will be awarded after spring semester grades have been submitted - usually late May or early June. If you have applied for financial aid and have not received an email notification by mid July, please contact Blugold Central at 715-836-3000 or to check the status of your application.

If your financial aid is revised for any reason, that information will be emailed to you at your UW-Eau Claire email address.

If you are eligible for loans and are a first-time Direct Loan borrower, you will need to complete a master promissory note. For Direct Loans, you will be required to go to to complete the Direct Loan promissory note and to complete loan counseling electronically using your federal pin number. For the Perkins Loan, the promissory note is found on your CampS account. You should print the Perkins promissory note, complete the required information and turn it in to Blugold Central.

Be sure that you notify Blugold Central of any non-university scholarships you receive as soon as possible to ensure there are no delays in your financial aid disbursement for fall.


If you haven’t already done so, complete any promissory notes and entrance counseling for the loans you have accepted so that the money can apply to your account by the first day of classes.


Financial aid awards are applied directly to student accounts. If your financial aid is greater than what you owe the university, you may choose to receive your refund by direct deposit to your bank account. If you do not sign up for direct deposit, any refund check will be mailed to your university mailing address.

Financial Aid is awarded based on your total number of enrolled credits for the semester as of the 10th day of classes. Changes in enrolled credits could potentially affect the amount of financial aid for which you are eligible, and financial aid may be adjusted (up or down) based on your final enrolled credits. Consequently, a repayment may become necessary - even after disbursement - if your enrolled credits are reduced.

Students earning work study will be paid every two weeks for student employment earnings via direct deposit, which you set up at the time you are hired.